Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edit: Simplify my question

My tank is 24" deep. Will 150wx2 MH and 4x39w t5 work for most SPS/Clams? I dont know if the fixture Im picking up is 150w or 250w yet.

Edit: not getting the MH idk what im doing anymore. Will make another thread when Im not wasting everyone's time with my confusion.

Last edited:

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Im trying to understand how you would add another 250w mh to a preassembled fixture, but if you can the 2x250 and actinic should be more than enough be more than enough light. If you want to keep with t5s, i would recommend at least a 6, maybe 8 bulb fixture

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Im going to check out a x2 MH x4 t5 w. moonlights fixture now. Some people do reprot issues w. odyssea lights but I have had none with the fixture I owned for about 3 years on my last tank. I think the fixture I am going to look at is odyssea but I will try it out for now because it is a good price and it will hang from my ceiling. Ill upgrade to a better name brand company that has higher quality products soon enough. I really appreciate your input though and solid advice.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Oddysea is a poor MH system. The reflectors and ballast don't utilize the spread + power of that the MH bulb can provide. IME, I would either retrofit a better quality halide system with Sing ended 250w bulbs, or just get an ATI fixture and go all T5. You did't mention the size of the tank? 24 deep and you're buying 3' T5's.... 65gal?
While I can't afford to experiment with all the different LED's out there (because I need so many to cover my tank), I have had just about every halide combination + T5 only as well.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: