editour2

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Which would be better for a sps dominant tank t5 or leds

This is a question that is subject to numerous opinions, and like anything else everyone is entitled to their own opinion (based on their experiences). There are many LED fixtures that are well suited for an SPS dominated tank (depends on who you ask). T5's and Halides of course will also work. Halides of course are a tried and true method, (ask any traditional old school reef hobbyist), but that doesn't mean that Orphek Atlantic V4's or Radion Ecotech XR30w G4 Pros or GHL Mitras LX7206's won't do the job (or certain Pacific Sun fixtures, and numerous other brands). Of course the proper number of fixtures related to tank size (and animals being maintained) needs to be considered for proper lighting.

Then there are the hybrid lighting systems......T5 plus LED's, Halide supplemented by LED's etc.

I myself have a hybrid system which is comprised of 2 x Photon V2+ fixtures in combination with 4 x 80 watt T-5's. I consider my DT to be SPS dominated and this does the job for me. Is it the BEST coloration/growth etc? Well ...that is subject to debate as well.

Attachments

• LED T5 hybrid 2.jpg
    LED T5 hybrid 2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 169
  • LED T5 hybrid.jpg
    LED T5 hybrid.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 167
  • FTS March 2019.jpg
    FTS March 2019.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 167

jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Nice tank decided on the waterbox 190.5 as far as the lighting I?m considering leds 2 orphek v4 Atlantik or 4 radion g4 pros with the diffusers don?t know which would be better I?ve read online that u can grow sps with leds so long as parameters are stable so thiking of investing in a calcium reactor as well I?ve been a lps all my feeding life so this will be new 2 me I?m i on the right track or can I get away with 2 part dosing

jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
my tank is 60x26x24 i have 2 xr30 g4 pros already how many more would i need i have 2mp40 qd do i need more i wanted to go bare bottom but have a colection of wrasses so i cant as far as rock goin with marco rock startin fresh im a litle ocd new tank new everything

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: