esmithiii

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good thread Smiffy!

Great. Another nickname. Too much like Smitty, which is what my paternal grandfather used to be called (wouldn't let even us kids call him anything else, definitely not grandpa!) He was not high on my favorite person list...

Ernie

easygoer2

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got some frags and would like to see the pictures Ernie. Just picked them up at Fed X. This is my first SPS corals.
easygoer2

esmithiii

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the best photo I could manage:

Frag%20Mount.jpg

outerbank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have fragged them horizontal and vertical and with epoxy and superglue gel. I prefer to mount them vertical using epoxy. I have had the frags seperate from the superglue and fall. I also feel the frags encrust the epoxy better.

I have seen Minh's frags before. He just lays them vertically. He has used epoxy in the past. Minh's corals grow very fast and his frags are usually quite large with several branches. He places the frag essentially horizontal, but many times it has several branches so some are already pointed up. This allows the frag to encrust well and for the branches to grow upwards.

All the techniques pretty much work. Just experiment and see what you like best.

Scott

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: