• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

nijunet

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hi all,
I just wanted to give a huge THANK YOU to Jim and Russ. They brought over my new 90 gallon and helped me set it up last night. It was tough but, thanks to them it is up and running. Everything has made it even my mandarin which didn't look to happy. Here are a few pictures for you Jim.
newtank.jpg

newtank1.jpg

newtank3.jpg

newtank2.jpg

The tank has cleared up nicely and I will post some more pictures tonight.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!:thrash:
Nicole

Last edited by a moderator:

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
For the record, Jim and Nicole did all the work.
36_1_55.gif
I was the master of siphoning water from one tank to the other and making a mess of her floor
4_6_202v.gif

When we finished, the animals were all released and seemed happy, vying for position in their new territory. The only little guy looking stressed was the target mandarin. Glad to hear he's looking good now too.

And MOST importantly, your purple tang looked great.

Can't wait to see new, updated pix.

swimmer

nijunet

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Cali,
No sleeping on the couch, he was a hard worker and it was much appreciated.:D

Russ,
I will have updated pictures later on today once I finish the scaping.

bergerd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Great. Looking forward to seeing the tank live!! Congratulations. Remind me please; how big was your other tank?

nijunet

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Here are a few more pictures. I did a little scaping last night, let me know what you think.

Tank with actinics
tankwithatinics.jpg

leftside2.jpg

Happy clowns
happyclowns.jpg

blenny.jpg

My tang happy in her new home
happytang.jpg

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Nicole, I agree with Jim about firing up those halides. ;) Not sure if you're aware, but it is very important NOT TO TOUCH the bulbs with your bare hands. MH bulbs get exceedingly hot and the oils from your skin can cause them to burst. So make sure you use a rag or paper towel or glove when you hold the bulb.

Now lets see some MH pix :biggrin:

swimmer

btw, I like the scaping. You did a great job!

nijunet

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hey House and Master,
I like the scaping also, I think I might have to move the bridge which I don't want to but there are a few rics on it and I am not sure if the halides are going to be too powerful for them. But, I will find out tonight because I hooked up the halides last night so, hopefully they will be on when I get home if I set the timer properly:redface: Then there will be more pictures. I think I am turning into a picture junkie!!
Nicole

nijunet

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Just a little update. Everything is settling in and the water has cleared up nicely.
fulltank.jpg

My new Potter, thanks to Jim. Hope you like the picture I caught him as best as I could.
100_0948.JPG

nijunet

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Thanks Scarf,
I wanted the Flame angel first but apparently he didn't make it so I guess it worked out for the best because it really is a beautiful fish!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: