DSC_2099.JPG

sabellafella

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
What lights are you using do u dose or use a calcium reactor
Screenshot_20200306-122633_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200306-122722_Samsung Internet.jpg

My tank consumption is around 2.8 dkh daily, at this point I do all 3. Bionic two part, fully saturated kalk and calcium reactor.

There were too many times where I forgot to top off kalk or two part. Although its 3 different pieces of equipment I rely on witch have the potential to fail, having that 3 point alkalinity redundancy to me is priceless

Both my tanks I use ati t5s slapped with reefbrite strips

jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
i got a red sea reefer 750xxl its 200 gallons i just started it up a couple of months ago only have 10 fish and mini zoa colony i have 4 xr30 g4 pros could i get away with them also what would you recommend apex dos or calcium reactor? i have the a apex controler as well as the trident

sabellafella

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Usually people with the 750 run 4 led fixtures should be just fine for you. Currently I use my apex dos for my calcium reactor, kalk, and two part. Going to give the ecotech versa a shot soon as I can get my hands on one.

Theres no reason to run a calcium reactor on a smaller tank. As for my opinion, 150+ gallons, you can go with a calcium reactor plus something like two part to make corrections. You definitely do not want to be making corrections with the effluent of a calcium reactor because of its uncertainty. The apex dos is my most reliable dosing pump yet, I've tried a few doses in my time, and always continued to have issues except with the apex one

sabellafella

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
So the whole purpose of a dual, is to add more media, or at least raise the effluent concentration leaving the reactor. That's up to you. Personally I rather run a highly concentrated effluent (35 to 40 dkh) at a slow flow rate opposed to just streaming soda water into my system QUOTE="jkidd155, post: 2353759, member: 9460"]
should i go with a dual reactor or single?
[/QUOTE]

jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I was told a dual would be better due to me having low ph is that true? I currently have a co2 scrubber to help with ph but if I can get rid of it i will don’t wanna have a ton of equipment trying to minimize as much as possible don’t wanna waste $$ on things I don’t need this hobby is expensive already

sabellafella

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
You'd have to be dosing just a few ml daily for c02 to be spent in the last chamber like that. I doubt the effluent would change in ph coming from a second chamber . I never understood why people think its used to scrub ph. I'm sure if at all, the ph would change slightly, it basically would depend on flow rate. But ultimately the second chamber, is to get the most effect out of using c02

I can see why one would think that it scrubs ph, but under the least of circumstances. The way we use reactors for the hobby, we would almost never achieve something like that
I was told a dual would be better due to me having low ph is that true? I currently have a co2 scrubber to help with ph but if I can get rid of it i will don’t wanna have a ton of equipment trying to minimize as much as possible don’t wanna waste $$ on things I don’t need this hobby is expensive already

sabellafella

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I contacted geos Reef he recommended cr618 along with the secondary chamber cr415 dont know anything when it comes this
Gonna give it shot
Haha I hear you man, i just setup my calcium reactor not to long ago. Still learning, but I do nothing to control either of them. My tank will turn 6 in September, and never had a single phosphate issue other than it always being low. I have to feed flake daily to keep phosphate in normal range. Nitrates have always been anywhere from 2 to 20. I dont like refugiums, they get super dirty and musky when all you have to do is get the right skimmer to the right bio load. Dont overfeed and you'll b fine

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: