New Here! 130 Reefoman 48x26x24 Peninsula

MrFish888

Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bought this 130 gallons Peninsula tank. The stand was not strong enough to hold the 1000lbs + weight. One side at the middle is too high, the other side is too low. Between 1/8" -3/16". That maybe the reason the tank was leaked at one top corner.
So I reinforced with 4x4, 2x8, 2x6, 2x4. All the woods I can find at my yard. Now the stand probably weighs 4x as before. So much stronger now.
Hopefully strong enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrFish888

Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bought this 130 gallons Peninsula tank. The stand was not strong enough to hold the 1000lbs + weight. One side at the middle is too high, the other side is too low. Between 1/8" -3/16". That maybe the reason the tank was leaked at one top corner.
So I reinforced with 4x4, 2x8, 2x6, 2x4. All the woods I can find at my yard. Now the stand probably weighs 4x as before. So much stronger now.
Hopefully strong enough.

Let me know what you guys think

MrFish888

Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Tank need clean before move it in the basement to do the silicone. Hopefully can fill water in 3 weeks.

MrFish888

Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bought a Blonde naso , powder brown, yellow belly hippo and a cleaner shrimp from Salgado Aquatic. Naso and powder brown already helping me clean the rocks by eating those algae. Awesome