ReefnQueens

Tonga Wanga
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Sup guys, so its finally that time again after 6-7 years to set up a tank again. After the last two years of contemplating and now with my daughter at 4 years old knowing who Dori the lil blue fish is, yea its time!! Shes excited, im excited and so is my wife this time around! thankfully! So i started with a 60 gallon ,stand, sump, lights all that , off amazon that ended up being on backorder after 2 weeks of waiting so i got a refund and just decided to go with a 150 gallon measuring 60x24x24", built an oversized stand to be able to fit a lil more under there until i ended up buying a monster of a sump which just came today, its all plumbed up just not glued to the bulkheads cuz im contemplating on painting the pipe with krylon fusion, lemme hear your thoughts and opinions. Ive been gathering bits and pieces over the last 2-3 months as youll see below, the only thing im waiting on still is the newest (new in box) discontinued vertex duo calcium reactor, live rock has been cured and cycled, tommorow ill be hanging the lights and i have to figuring out where im putting the controllers,drivers, etc....... im might build something on the left side of the cabinet not sure yet , i planned on building a seperate sectioned off space underneath but the lovely sump is taking up all the room, i even thought about a slide out or drop down that could be hidden behind the top of the door frame...i dunno , all i know is im excited and its gonna work! lol thanks for checking it out and lemme hear some thoughts!
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
6D490E56-9A1C-45B1-B6D4-36108F2F1469.jpeg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg

Jzdad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Welcome back ! Nice setup, where did you get your tank? But most importantly when it’s cycle your first fish has to be Dory and Nemo... and your daughter is never going to want to leave the room!!!!! Lol

ReefnQueens

Tonga Wanga
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Welcome back ! Nice setup, where did you get your tank? But most importantly when it’s cycle your first fish has to be Dory and Nemo... and your daughter is never going to want to leave the room!!!!! Lol
Thanks dude! My daughters gonna freak when we get Nemo & Dory! i actually ordered the tank off amazon through Empire USA in Cali, freight delivered, after a long few weeks of waiting lol

Jzdad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Nice , a quick laugh for you ! When my daughter was 5 and I had Nemo and Dory ,she wanted to sleep in the living room , she said “ I have to keep an eye on them so the other fish don’t hurt them “ lucky for me it was the weekend cause we slept in that room so I could show her that nothing was going to happen! So I’ll be following your build, good luck with everything!!!

ReefnQueens

Tonga Wanga
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Nice , a quick laugh for you ! When my daughter was 5 and I had Nemo and Dory ,she wanted to sleep in the living room , she said “ I have to keep an eye on them so the other fish don’t hurt them “ lucky for me it was the weekend cause we slept in that room so I could show her that nothing was going to happen! So I’ll be following your build, good luck with everything!!!
Thanks I appreciate that and yea that sounds like something my daughter would say, I’ll post a video when we bring some fishies home!

ReefnQueens

Tonga Wanga
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Looks like a great start lot of goodies . No need to paint the pipes you got the black and white theme going on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ahhhh I know I thought that too but the red lettering in the pipe bothered me ( now that I think of it I probably could’ve gotten it off with rubbing alcohol) too late lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: