kevin315

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Tank started out from a 40B with sump and real live rock as a small grow out frag tank for my 100g, But then COVID got me bored and I started modifying the tank, changing it into a AIO, and changing the aquascape many times.

I miss my sump.

First DIY rockscape was a shelf marco rock scape, then a negative space aquascape using marco rocks then a DIY bonsai reef... It isn't that bad but I was not completely satisfied. but hey! now I finally am satisfied with this aquascape using caribsea dry rock!! ( just put in, cycled)

***every time I build the scape from scratch, I vowed to never build an aquascape again. lets see how long before I decide to change the scape again :p ***
FullSizeRender.jpg

kevin315

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Lots of stuff died since tank setup. Lost my 6th attempt at fox flame and 4th attempt at Hawkins.

Stuff are finally growing well. There is no STN or RTN (for 4 months) since daily dose of phytoplankton and a little bacteria dose. Guess I needed that for new tank to stabilize.

A little gift to myself for this milestone:
E800217C-E97A-427B-B815-A659D226B609.jpeg

Last edited:
Lots of stuff died since tank setup. Lost my 6th attempt at fox flame and 4th attempt at Hawkins.

Stuff are finally growing well. There is no STN or RTN (for 4 months) since daily dose of phytoplankton and a little bacteria dose. Guess I needed that for new tank to stabilize.

A little gift to myself for this milestone:
View attachment 310200
wow what’s that ?

kevin315

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Tank looks good!!
What it’s your weekend/month routine to keep nutrients down?
Also lighting…
Thanks in advance
60g cube;
Weekly water change and carbon change, and dose eco balance.

If phosphate is higher than 0.15 add a scoop or two of Gfo and change biweekly.

Even with a heavy fish load and moderate feeding I struggle with keeping nutrient up. Have to frequently dose no3 to keep it around 10. Phosphate is usually lower than .1 but sometimes .15. I suspect my brightwell no3 brick is working too well and the bacteria dosing helped a lot

Lighting:
250w 20k MH
4 T5 (2 actinic 2 purple)
4 led strip (or3 and reef rite)

It covers almost the whole 24x24 area?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: