Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I just built a new home outsi Poughkeepsie and had a 300g from glass cages custom build. Love it! I did a full equipment room with designed steel frame and steel columns through floor into lower level storage room. Also did all my water change and auto top off systems in pvc under the floor into the garage. Easiest and best thing I ever did. GL and if u ever want to share ideas and thoughts hmu. Merry Christmas ?
Very nice! I have plumbing and drains away from the house into the sewer which make automatic water changes a breeze. I love it. We'll chat and swap ideas.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It's been very busy with the holidays around here. But I did finally get around to tinkering with my RO/DI Filtration system. Unfortunately I'm one of those engineers that like to model my engineering while actually building it. So it's nothing fancy to look at currently, but it is functional and I will get around to making it look pretty at another time. I had 3 RO/DI systems laying around from previous builds, and well I shouldn't be left unattended for too long. I preset to you the 14 stage RO/DI system comprised of the following (two 5 Micron Premium ROsave.Z Sediment Filter - GE Water Technologies, two 1 Micron Premium ROsave.Z Sediment Filter - GE Water Technologies, two 5 Micron BRS Chlorine & VOC Carbon Block Filters, two 1 Micron BRS Universal Carbon Block Filters, two 150 GPD Reverse Osmosis Membranes in a water saver configuration and 4 DI Resin Chambers. Water Pressure from the unit is 50 PSI without the booster pump and 75 psi with the booster pump running.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
One of the things I love about this aquarium is the custom overflow designed with Glass Cages. I knew for certain that I didn't want an overflow that took up space within the display and I had initially been eyeing a coast to coast design. But after speaking with Joe he wanted to try a new design, so I gave him full creative freedom and I couldn't be happier It spans almost the full length of the aquarium but stops short on either side by 1 foot and accommodates six 2 inch drains. This system is currently using two Ecotech Marine Vectra L2's Plumbed to separate 1.5 inch returns located on the right and left rear pane of the aquarium. Those pumps have to push the water up from the equipment room located beneath the aquarium, straight up about 14 feet to 15 feet. Let's just say these pumps are not a fan of head pressure. The overall flow and turnover is just barely adequate, which leads me to my project today. Because of the lack of powerful turnover I do have some detritus settling into the edges and corners of the overflow. So water better way to solve that problem then to installed an Ecotech Marine MP10WQD to the side of the overflow. I deal with the turnover flow in the next few weeks. But for now this is a great fix in my opinion.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It's a bit difficult to take any detailed photographs currently with the placement against the wall of the overflow. But I will did my best at the moment. The overflow design was the creation of Joe at glass cages. Originally I wanted to go with a full coast to coast overflow but Joe had an idea and I gave him full creative freedom to design this. The name Joe came up with was a ghost overflow. It is located on the rear pane of the aquarium and is comprise of 4 panes of glass. The front portion is a removable Weir and the Top an Acrylic Lid. Its measurements are 48 Inches in Length x 8 Inches in Height x 6 Inches in Depth and holds approximately 8.1 gallons of water at the current fill rate. It contains six 1.5 Inch Drains (x2 Dorso style drains, x2 standpipes with strainers and 2 emergency drains). I currently have the MP10W situated on the left side of the overflow along with two Neptune Systems Apex Temperature Probes (one of the left and one on the right). I also have a Titanium Rid-Volt installed on the right hand side.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So, I finally got fed up over the weekend with the extremely limited flow that my EcoTech Vectra Return Pumps were producing and decided it was time for the Abyzz, I mostly blamed the few of you who commented on me needing an Abyzz and when discussing with my wife. But it's installed and I believe I may have gone too large for the 1 inch return. But the difference is indeed night and day.

Video of Sump Return Area with Dual Ecotech Marine Vectra L2 Pumps installed.

Video of Sump Return Area with Single Abyzz A200 DC Pump installed.

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So, I finally got fed up over the weekend with the extremely limited flow that my EcoTech Vectra Return Pumps were producing and decided it was time for the Abyzz, I mostly blamed the few of you who commented on me needing an Abyzz and when discussing with my wife. But it's installed and I believe I may have gone too large for the 1 inch return. But the difference is indeed night and day.

Video of Sump Return Area with Dual Ecotech Marine Vectra L2 Pumps installed.

Video of Sump Return Area with Single Abyzz A200 DC Pump installed.
I would say that is huge difference. You can turn that chamber into another skimmer with all that flow creating foam!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I would say that is huge difference. You can turn that chamber into another skimmer with all that flow creating foam!

Definitely! I'm very please with the outcome. I completely messed up when purchasing the Abyzz. I should have purchased the A100 instead of the A200, but for some reason I thought I had 1.5 inch returns and didn't check. Currently the Flow meter is showing 936 GPH and from my research a 1 inch pvc pipe can accomodate 960 GPH of unpressurized flow. So I'm pretty happy with the results. However, I believe I can achieve the same flow with the A100 since I'm actually stepping down the size of the A200 from a 2 inch pipe to 1 inch (the output on the A200 is 1.5 but I have 2 inch because I was expecting more flow and the 2 inch Apex was the only thing that could get close to that measurement with 3,00 GPH). But I plan to test in a week or so when I purchase another A100 for the secondary return pump.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I decided to switch gears today and work on getting the Neptune Systems DOS and DDR setup underneath my aquarium stand in order do daily dosing of 100ml of Algae Barn's Ocean Magik Phytoplankton. So I finally got around to drilling three holes through the refrigerator door, which was surprisingly simpler than I had expected. 1 hole was for the rigid tubing for the Ocean Magik, 1 hole will be for Red Sea Reef Energy AB+ and the last larger hole was for the DDR Cable. The only sealing that I needed to do what the larger hole which I used black aquarium silicone to fill in the hole. Neptune Systems Support Team shared with me information on how to program the DOS to feed the liquid phytoplankton and then run in reverse when completed to purchase the lines of any food. It works like a charm! Best daily project to date.

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I decided to switch gears today and work on getting the Neptune Systems DOS and DDR setup underneath my aquarium stand in order do daily dosing of 100ml of Algae Barn's Ocean Magik Phytoplankton. So I finally got around to drilling three holes through the refrigerator door, which was surprisingly simpler than I had expected. 1 hole was for the rigid tubing for the Ocean Magik, 1 hole will be for Red Sea Reef Energy AB+ and the last larger hole was for the DDR Cable. The only sealing that I needed to do what the larger hole which I used black aquarium silicone to fill in the hole. Neptune Systems Support Team shared with me information on how to program the DOS to feed the liquid phytoplankton and then run in reverse when completed to purchase the lines of any food. It works like a charm! Best daily project to date.

phyto fridge…..nice

editour2

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Beautiful tank and setup. A couple of comments/concerns....it seems like you are setting up alot of equipment under the display tank. IF that is correct....are you concerned about any potential leaks getting into your wiring etc? Are you pre-planning for servicing of all your PVC plumbing? Over a period of time flow will be reduced by buildup....you will need to take all the plumbing apart to clean. Every few feet and especially before elbows/turns I like to have a union or union ball valve in place to allow me to take a section apart, clean it and put it back together. Great tank!!!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: