• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

BlueSi4

Blu By U
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
As i was breaking down the 75G and on my way to get out of the hobby, Kathy offered me a 6G Nano in exchange of a few corals, which was a win win situation for both of us. I picked up the 6G on Sunday, cleaned it that same day and filled it up with water and started adding salt. Finally yesterday I got the saltwater level at 1.025 and today i decided to move some rock and corals into the tank. I moved a few small pieces i had in the sump and they took a lot more space than i thought, but i don't really like the shape and location of these rocks, so expect a new aquascaping soon. I moved the Kenya Tree, Frogspawn and Bubble Coral into the 6G this afternoon. I came back tonight, and the corals have opened up pretty nicely, considering the fact that they went from 175W MH to a 9w PC.
Here are the pics!

DSC02028.jpg

DSC02029.jpg

DSC02030.jpg

DSC02031.jpg

BlueSi4

Blu By U
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Rock work is pretty much temporary, i'm waiting for the rest of the corals to be off the 75 so i can get the smaller pieces of rock out of the tank and put them in the 6.

Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
tank is looking good, now to get some better lighting in there :eek:
Thanks again dude for everything!
Lemme know if you need anything .. . :birthday:

BlueSi4

Blu By U
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Thanks Chris. The Bubble Coral has taken over the bottom of the tank pretty much, that thing is huuuuge. Tomorrow i will put the Hammer in there and that's pretty much everything that will go in the tank. I want to put a few smaller rocks and change the aquascaping.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
It was supposed to be easy, but then you have people like Kathy that won't let you leave...

...there was no arm twisting involved :) you would have missed us if you'd left!

ummm..I know you're waiting to grab some smaller rocks out of your 75...and that's a good thing..lol..I think you'll like the way they look MUCH better :)
Are you going to put some of your sand in there Oriol?

that tank looks familiar =) good luck with it!
lol Chaz..is Oriol the 4th person we know now whose had this tank? :spin:

Hey MR...any suggestions aside from a shrimp that Oriol might be able to keep in this cozy little 6g tank? Would one of the smallest clown goby varieties be able to thrive in there?...or another idea?

BlueSi4

Blu By U
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I think I will put all my shrimp in the 6G. I don't think i will be doing any fish for a while, i want mainly corals/snails/shrimp in there.
I'm not going BB, i'm just waiting to get everything out of the 75 so i can put some sand in the 6G.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
Nice start. I think your idea of replacing the large pieces of rock with some smaller pieces that are proportional to the tank size is a great idea.

Nice to see you staying on board. No jumping ship allowed.

swimmer

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: