• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

lunner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Running a fairly successful system in my small apartment was a challenge. I couldn’t get a tank that is too big or too wide for my living room. So I settled for a narrow but long display tank. And it’s been running quite successful for 3 years now. But as time goes on, I am adding more and more specimens into the tank. Some don’t get along with each other, and I had to sell them or gave them to my parents in upstate. And some are living in my refugium… So I came up with a “solution” that would fit in the corner of my living room.

And the solution is a 20”x20” shallow reef to house the specimens from my refugium. The idea is run this system together with my display tank and it will be control by my display’s electronics.

Equipments so far:
20”x20”x12” Acrylic tank (Vendor: Custom King)
Oceanic Biocube stand (Vendor: Ocean Gallery II)
24” Outer Orbit 250W MH, 4x24W T5s, 6B&6W LEDs
Eheim 1250 Return
<O:p
Anyway here’s how it look so far:

dscn0784.jpg

dscn0783.jpg

dscn0782.jpg

Last edited:

lunner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I am still on my targeted budget for this setup. But I still don’t know which powerhead I want to use for this tank yet. May be a controlled Tunze 6055 or a Vortech MP20? I think the Tunze would be a better choice for this setup because of its ability to aim the flow @ different angles. Or may be I should just save the money and stick with the maxi-jet900 I will be using @ this time and buy some new corals instead. LOL

Last edited:

Euroreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Looks hot, im going to be picking up a similar size tank in a few weeks from Jeff. Awesome tank man! Get some mangroves and pop them out the egg crate.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: