Acropora

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Does anyone currently have ACRO eating flatworms on their Acro's. There has been little scientific data on this species and the Birch Aquarium at Scripps in San Diego is eager to do some research on these critters. If an acro with the flatworm and or eggs is available, please let me know . I would like to get a piece and send this piece to Scripps for further study.

Thank You
Tony
[email protected]

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Tony great idea -

I was discussing this with Randy D and the recent rash of Acro Red bugs - the discussion revolved around people having to treat their animals for the bugs - in the process killing off the acro crabs - soon after the bug craziness was over, there was a rash of AEFW's infestations - I tend to think that this was not cooindidental. Any chance you can put me in touch with the researcher? I'd be interested in putting forth this theory or at least discussing it.

House

Acropora

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well the research has not started since they killed off the bugs that they have found. That is why they need new ones:)
What I found disturbing is that they had a 3 x 3' diameter coral that was completely destroyed by these AEFW. They left the coral outside and wshed it with a hose,etc and weeks later the eggs were stil visible.
Shoot me an E mail and I will give you the direct E mail address and contact. Do you have any AEFW for the research ?

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
when I had them in my tank I gave the ones I could save after the dips to shaun/solbby on our site. he was going to study them, I'm not sure if he still has them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: