• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our saltwater aquarium community?
    JOIN NOW
A

Anonymous

I just use 6500k lights over my FW planted. They work fine.

A

Anonymous

Laura D":15sycn6c said:
Well dang, I have just been reminded that the 65 that I was planning to use had been leaking when we took it down.

So I think my next train of thought will be to find a nice size tank that doesn't have a center brace and use my single 150wHQI on it!

Any suggestions???? :D 8O

One of my last planted tanks had a cool plant that grew from a bulb, it shot a stem up and had what looked like a lily pad. It was a gift from an LFS employee and he didn't tell me what it was called. I think that would be pretty sweet in an open top tank. Maybe it would bloom for me it I had mh? I know my fish would be more limited open top, but I would love to look down at the plants.

Laura, a single 150 would work well on a 60 gallon cube 2' x 2' x 2'. I've had one for years that I've used mainly as freshwater and currently have set up as a Tanganikyan tank with plants (Vallisnera and some Anubias) and one 150 watt halide over it for lighting.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: