Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
I'm looking to replace my MH fixture and opt for an ATI 48" 6 bulb Sunpower or PowerModule fixture on my 120 gallon Oceanic ReefTech chalice tank. MH fixture is way too hot and my chiller stays on indefinitely. Any suggestions on bulb setup and whether the 8 bulbs fixture would be overkill for LPS corals? Thanks.

Carlos

Jbanks

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I don't know if you purchased already, but definitely +1 on the 8 bulb PM.. My Buddy out in Long Island has one over an Oceanic Tech Tank.. It's the perfect size and after switching from MH in the summer, his colors have gotten even more vibrant under this fixture.. I have the 10 bulb and love it..

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
I don't know if you purchased already, but definitely +1 on the 8 bulb PM.. My Buddy out in Long Island has one over an Oceanic Tech Tank.. It's the perfect size and after switching from MH in the summer, his colors have gotten even more vibrant under this fixture.. I have the 10 bulb and love it..

I haven't gotten it yet. Thanks for the advice.:tongue1:

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Hey Dude,

Definitely get the 8 Bulb Fixture. I have the 8 Bulb Tek and I discovered it was WAY too much for my 72 Bow, so I just took 2 of the back bulbs out lol. You are close by, LMK if you want to take a look at my fixture/tank and see if it helps you decide. Drop me a PM if you wish.

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
Hey Dude,

Definitely get the 8 Bulb Fixture. I have the 8 Bulb Tek and I discovered it was WAY too much for my 72 Bow, so I just took 2 of the back bulbs out lol. You are close by, LMK if you want to take a look at my fixture/tank and see if it helps you decide. Drop me a PM if you wish.

I've seen the 8 bulb Tek fixture in use and it looks great. I know it's less expensive, but being in this hobby so long, I would go for the more expensive ATI fixture instead of upgrading at a later date. I spend more money upgrading equipment every so often when I should have forked more $$. Thanks for the offer!!!

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I want to see some pictures too.

I am thinking of getting 2 of these fixtures as well

I have no idea if they would do a group buy or not but I guess if you or other people were interested we could look into it

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: