partobe

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi Eeveryone!
I have a 36 gallon bowfront with co2 and med light plants. I have a cpl of high light plants as well. Right now the top of my tank looks like something sanford and son would install. I have a dbl strip with 48 watts 3 led lights and the strip that came with the tank. Ive been looking at the open top tanks and really like them and have decided to buy new lights that would allow me to have an open top and not have the top of my tank covered with lights and wires. I will then post the lights I have now on swop and shop. Im looking to spend under 200$. Can you all give some suggestions? Also what types of bulbs should I have in these lights?
Thanks.
Patrick

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Do you like the way this looks?

BTW, are the Cories doing any more damge now? If not, I can give you couple tank bred albino babies. :P

Attachments

• RS1.0 Fixture on a 18x18x18 cube IMG_2036.jpg
    RS1.0 Fixture on a 18x18x18 cube IMG_2036.jpg
    513.6 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
You can get a dual t5ho light fixture. the 30" has 2 24watt bulbs and the 36" has 2 39watt bulbs.
I think the 30" will be ok for a low-medium light set up on your tank.
You can get the 36" too but you will have to mount the fixture a bit higher to go low or medium light in your set up.

You can try catalina lights, petmountain for t5ho fixtures

Last edited:

partobe

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks Wingo
how many bulbs would be in that set up for my tank? And how many watts would it work out to be? How high from the top of the tank would it need to be? I do like the way it looks but is it too small for my tank? The corys are fine now :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: