KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Should I take the coral out of the water to apply the glue let it sit for a minute or two to settle and then go back in and place it? I have BCI IC gel. My snails are knocking everything over. its driving me nuts!

Take the coral out of the water, blot off any excess water from where you want to apply the glue on the coral plug. Generously apply glue, put directly into tank where you want it. Give it a little twist back & forth (the glue will 'skim' over as soon as it hits the water). Hold in place for about 10 seconds and you're good to go.
If it falls off, you probably didn't apply enough glue.

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
IC gel. i have used a bunch of glue and IC seems to be the strongest, dries the quickest, and always works. forget dollar store glue, it seems to be the same, but its not. IC gel even works on mushrooms for me. just dont put a small dot of glue, but then again dont cover the whole plug with it either. depending on what i am fragging, just a eraser size off a pencil dot of glue, put it in the water and hold it for 5-10 seconds, then place it on my frag rack. good to go!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: