JP57

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Sir....Thank you for the input...

OK, so here is where I stand... My tank is full of water, I've been adding the salt for the past few days. I purchased a sump, over flow box, and the pump. Drilling, to me, just opens the door to possible leaks. But that's just me.

Once I have the water at the right salinity and the sump in working order... I will work to get the sand and live rock... I will post a second pic, once it is all set up...

What do you think?

JP

BKLYNREEF123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
JP

I strongly suggest you take the time to research drilled tanks. I don't think 1 overflow will provide sufficient flow to the sump in a 125 gallon tank. Lots of people here drill their tanks and have no issues. If you have insufficient flow to the sump you will have inadequate filtration and you will not be able to support the fish and coral you want. In addition using RODI water is fundamental. I think you are working on things in the wrong order no offense just trying to steer you in the right direction. If your sump is not "in working order" there is really no reason to have water in the tank. As far as getting to the proper salinity it should really not take more than a few hours to mix up and stabilize 125 gallons. Do you have buckets, a pump, spare heater, thermometer to mix water for water changes in the future? since you do not have live rock or sand this is the best time to get your system started on the right foot. This is the perfect time to setup the tank properly now and avoid costly mistakes and livestock losses in the future. I wish you luck and hope you do some more research and set up your system properly. Patience is key in this hobby.

duromega

Fish Hoarder
Staff member
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Hello Sir....Thank you for the input...

OK, so here is where I stand... My tank is full of water, I've been adding the salt for the past few days. I purchased a sump, over flow box, and the pump. Drilling, to me, just opens the door to possible leaks. But that's just me.

Once I have the water at the right salinity and the sump in working order... I will work to get the sand and live rock... I will post a second pic, once it is all set up...

What do you think?

JP

post a picture of your tank
you mentioned your tank doesn't have the "bars" in the middle
I want to make sure you're not a victim of a "non-supposed-to-be-rimless" tank

JP57

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5wk18y.jpg

What do you think

Clink51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
That sir is an old tank. im going to guess that the glass is very very thick, at least half an inch correct? if so, that tank is from the 980's to early 90's. My recommendation, get yourself a newer one, or at the very least, re-silicone the entire tank and hope for the best.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: