ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
Okay so I just got a beautiful chalice from James... Got it a few days ago dipped and placed in qt... All food till I received new chalices yesterday.. Some were dead,,, I tried saving one and placing it in qt.. It was the size of a quarter. Sure enough it melted away.. I left it in the tank and by 9pm I see that the chalice looks like what in the vid and sliming.... I just placed it in my dt last night.. Will it survive?

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
Actually I guess u can't post vid from iPhone? This is a pic this morning.. Stopped sliming.. I'll be pretty upset if I lose this one!
18b96bde-2a0e-abc4.jpg

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
How long did you acclimate when you went from the bag it came in till you put it in the QT Tank? How long did you dip? What did you dip with? Doesn't look good but maybe there is a chance. Sounds like its gone through a few changes in water chemistry, dipping and lighting changes.

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
Ya it was totally fine until I added that other new chalice frag that was shipped basically dead already.. I can't believe it effected only this chalice piece that was so nice and plump w no issues...
I did not acclimate it and I dipped it in Coral rx.. But no issues at all and looked great until I added that new frag that was sliming.. I got a feeling it may fill
Up the live parts of it look nice and plump I'll keep an update...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: