lovefish77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have had an elegance coral for like 8-10 months (dont know whether aussie or indo), initially it was doing great fully expanded beyond the skeleton like 7x6". Now for the past 2 months it does not extend anymore, tentacles have shrunk and it does not open as much as it did. It still has good feeding response though when i feed it chunky meaty food (unless clowns or shrimp steal the food).

Few notes:

- Water is fine as i am keeping lost of sps and acropora
- EC is placed at the bottom with moderate flow, its skeleton has been raised (since i got it) over a piece of rock, so it is not in touch with the sand bed, not even its tentacles touch the sandbed when it used to extend.
- did not dip so far as i dont want to mess things up, i know these corals are a bit finiky and i dont want it to melt on me.

any ideas?? or thoughts?

thanks

Z06-Hec

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Does it touch rock?
I have had mine on the sand and it was perfectly fine there. When i moved it up on rocks one side would touch rocks and it would get irritated and shrink only on that side.
Another time i had it next to a nepthea and they used to fight, the EC burned the Nepthea but the Nepthea in turn irritated the EC....
My guess would be something is touching it, it does not like.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: