kris

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Most of my blue tipped acros (several stags and tenuis) have very faded and pale looking tips. All other color, acro's and monti's look fine. Any ideas, suggestions?

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Hi Ken. N ice to see you around. Tell us about other changes you may have made. Did you remove the rock we talked about? Did you get a more efficient RO system? (for those who don't know, Ken had a top notch RO/DI system, but his supply issue which has been difficult to over come)
Anything you did which may have reduced nutrients or change of lighting in general could effect your coral response to light. Shorter photoperiod may be the fix. Not 100% sure though.
On a Hanna, .05 isn't bad at all. My tank always looked best between .02 and .06 on a Hanna.

kris

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Chris, thanks for stopping by. Happy New Year!
Source water is all cleaned up thanks to some good advice here and a another filter from Russ. The Aquamedic has been a PIA. Shoulda got the Litermeter. Alk's a little high 11.5dkh. The calcium channel died while I was away so that plummeted. I have it back up to 420. Instability because of the doser? Maybe. Low Iodide? Oh yeah I started carbon dosing again...

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Renewed effectiveness of the RO/DI is possible. I'm sure Russ set you up better. But I'm thinking more along the lines of the Ca, Mg, Alk.
It is possible that the low Ca and high alk is causing some issues. I'd do a good sized water change and try to balance them out a little. FWIW, when I did carbon/aminos/food, I ran on the high side (Ca 450 to 500 and alk 11.3 to 11.8, MG 1350 to 1450)
It's a shame how unreliable those Aquamedic Dosers have become. I really think Jon (jhale) is the only one who has 2 pumps that consistently dose equal amounts.
Fred is very much convinced thet to much stability is a bad thing (murphy is going to get you) but I disagree with him in that aspect.
Happy New Year to you Ken. I'm sure a water change was the last thing you wanted to hear, but that is the first thing I do when I see parameters for Ca, Alk or Mg go out of whack.

kris

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
LOL. Water change it is. Back to the basics. I luv the two part, but I hate this doser.Stability is a good thing. Chris, glad you're still hanging around...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: