Jan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scopas tang for $299.99? Are you sure? They usually go for $30.00-$40.00. LA has them for $29.99.

Price depends on how much you want it and what you're willing to pay. Do research on the internet before you purchase fish to find out what they need and check out average pricing. LA, Blue Zoo and the like are all good places to check pricing. They are usually a little higher than your LFS.

finksmart

SPS Fanatic
Vendor
Rating - 100%
268   0   0
The OP is talking about the Yellow Scopas Tang currently for sale on DD: http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+3&ddid=181877

The yellow tang from Hawaii (Zebrasoma flavescens) is a different species from the scopas tang (Zebrasoma scopas). Since the scopas are known to come in brown color. and yellow is a rare color morph that is found once in blue moon, hence the price you see. If there was a such thing as a purple color morph of the yellow tang (Z. flavescens) that would probably cost fortune.

There are fish for the casual hobbyists. Then there are fish for the fish nuts and enthusiasts.

jcdeng

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
What is the big difference between a $299.99 Scopas Tang and a $20 Yellow tang? I do not see it??

299.99 is not for a Scopas, the price is for an Offspring of a Scopas Tang and Yellow Tang; a rare hybrid. The difference (appearance wise) between that and a regular yellow is they hybrid has little dot like markings on the body and the regular yellow tang does not.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
That's why it is high in price because 1 it is a hybrid and 2 it's on DD. that same hybrid was sold on here last year for 249, and I saw one for 100 last year. The hybrid Black/Scopas goes for roughly 250-300, I would rather spend the money on one of those.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: