SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
My cheato dosent really grow that much.I have good flow through the fuge have a pice of rock and that clamp on light jbj macro grow on 24hrs most of the time mabe everyother day I shut it for a few hrs because I have a clown fish in there. I know its not because I have no phos I usually get .05-.02 on the hanna and have some algae here and there.IM just wondering because I hear people trimming it down a lot.Could it be the light is not strong enough?

jdnumis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
My cheato dosent really grow that much.I have good flow through the fuge have a pice of rock and that clamp on light jbj macro grow on 24hrs most of the time mabe everyother day I shut it for a few hrs because I have a clown fish in there. I know its not because I have no phos I usually get .05-.02 on the hanna and have some algae here and there.IM just wondering because I hear people trimming it down a lot.Could it be the light is not strong enough?

Absolutely. I changed my fuge light from a coralife fuge light to a led fuge light. What a difference in growth. Went from a baseball size piece to a approx watermelon size loaded with pods in a matter of a few months

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: