richiero

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am going to to be going a new 75g build and i have everything lined up except for powerheads. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. i was thinking to mp 10's on my 75g one on each side of the tank. didn't just want to go with one mp40 just in case it craps out. what to you guys and girls think, take will be fowlr to start off and then plan on a mixed coral tank lps and some sps if any

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
hey,

either one would work. 2 mp10s or a mp40. some of the other guys may chime in. I generally do nano tanks.

anyways, the vortechs imo are very reliable.

is this tank already set up? if so, have you ever used copper or any copper based medications in the tank?

richiero

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
set up will be along these lines....

75g tank
20g sump w/ refug
nac 6 skimmer
kissel ocean blue lighting x2 (LED) egual to 300 watts of mh and only use 64 watt total
ocean runner 3500 ret pump
150 gpd 6 stage rodi
90-100 lbs of lr
3 inch sand bed
ato
kent sea salt
powerheads still up in the air

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
set up will be along these lines....

75g tank
20g sump w/ refug
nac 6 skimmer
kissel ocean blue lighting x2 (LED) egual to 300 watts of mh and only use 64 watt total
ocean runner 3500 ret pump
150 gpd 6 stage rodi
90-100 lbs of lr
3 inch sand bed
ato
kent sea salt
powerheads still up in the air

Initial setup seems ok. but saying 64W LED equals to 300W mh is a stretch. You need about 100 watts of LED for the same intensity that 300W mh produces for growing and about 150W of LED to looks same bright as 300W mh to our eyes

Consider an air pump with a T and two outlet(one to the fuge, one to the DT) that turns on ONLY when power is off. 2 heaters AND a safety shut off additional temperature controller when your room is cold during winter, don't have to get them now.

Last edited:

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Gotta be careful with MP10's on a 75g. The MP10's are only good on glass/acrylic up to 3/8" thick. Make sure you measure the thickness of the glass/acrylic on your 75g. If it is thicker than 3/8" you'll need to use an MP40.

HTH
Russ

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: