jscarlata

Aspiring Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
When I setup a qt I use some live rock pieces and rubble from my sump, or pieces from the DT that I can do without...you have to toss the rocks, but it helps keep the tanks stable, and gives grazers a chance to eat naturally and hide..
I also learned that you don't want to mess with he tank too much in the first few days, I had a beauty of a potters this summer, and i was paranoid about leaving uneaten food on the bottom, so I frequently had a siphon in there cleaning. I think the stress from that did him in...
Daily waterchanges may help ammonia etc, but can stress the fish big time...

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Very simple QT tank.
20G with HOB filter, heater, varying size PVC fittings, air stone or small PH.
Keep sponge from HOB in sump when QT not in use, bacteria will colonize the sponge.
When QT needed, fill with fresh and water change from display and move sponge to filter; if you plan to treat meds/copper buy new sponge and toss in sump for next use.

You'll only need to monitor what you're treating for, weekly water changes are fine; I've gone 2 weeks without issues. When QT is finished wash everything and store for next time.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: