howze01

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Phosphates are pretty high. Especially with 2 water changes a week. Do you use tap water or RODI? Not sure what Dre meant to say but 8.0 pH is OK but a little higher wouldn't hurt. 8.2-8.3. Alk is a bit low at 6.0 DKH or so as well. What kind of salt do you use?

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
pH 8 , ammonia 0, nitrite 0, and nitrate0, calcium 540 , carbonate hardness 107.4, phosphate .25ppm, magnesium 1600

okay guess i will chime in also my green hammer likes medium flow, but looking at your levels your PH could go just a little higher, Calcium seems a bit high i have sps and my Ca is only 480, Phosphates need to come down, Mag. seems a little high i usually keep mine around 1400 and I'm confused on your Alk how did you get 107.4 but just for reference i keep mine between 8.9 - 9.3 Dkh hope this helps a little and I've come to the conclusion that every tank is different but the end result depends on stability stability stability lol :goldfish:

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
My frogspawn is out of control.
I started out with 4 heads on one piece and now there are over 20 within a year and a half.
I have them in moderate to no flow and I acclimated it halfway up under LEDs in a 75 gallon tank. I have mine in a space between the back glass and some rock. I think they like being sheltered. I have one that is not sheltered at all and has never split.
Likes dirty water, I feed the tank daily and my current skimmer is s***.

Last edited by a moderator:

chefsreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
from the chat in the test kit it also reads as 7

okay guess i will chime in also my green hammer likes medium flow, but looking at your levels your PH could go just a little higher, Calcium seems a bit high i have sps and my Ca is only 480, Phosphates need to come down, Mag. seems a little high i usually keep mine around 1400 and I'm confused on your Alk how did you get 107.4 but just for reference i keep mine between 8.9 - 9.3 Dkh hope this helps a little and I've come to the conclusion that every tank is different but the end result depends on stability stability stability lol :goldfish:

chefsreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sry i may have said it wrong i meant every other week.

Phosphates are pretty high. Especially with 2 water changes a week. Do you use tap water or RODI? Not sure what Dre meant to say but 8.0 pH is OK but a little higher wouldn't hurt. 8.2-8.3. Alk is a bit low at 6.0 DKH or so as well. What kind of salt do you use?

zagnut

simple reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi a have an hammer in my 12 gal nano it seems to like to feed on brine shrimp that i feed to my fish. i had it in my tank before i got my fish it was growing slowly but after i added my fish it has grown nicely. i have watched the hammer grab brine shrimp and i am positive they are feeding on them.my lighting is not that great but it seems to be good enough.i think that feeding may help also how old is your system you may have to let it mature a bit more.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: