alexhpc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I got this unit thrown in with a tank. Why does it come with a pump and which line do you connect to the plumbing, which is the clean water and which is the run-off.. Is this a good unit worth keeping? Can I connect it to the faucet or does this have to be plumbed in? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20130719_133359_398.jpg
    IMG_20130719_133359_398.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_20130719_133500_829.jpg
    IMG_20130719_133500_829.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 419

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Usually you connect under the faucet see if it came with an adapter. You take the braided line under the sink and unfasten it and put the adapter on then reconnect. Depending of your faucet has threaded outlet you can screw on there as well. Where in BK if you are close I can stop by and help.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Ok here goes That is a Kent Marin Hi-S rodi. The blue one that is coming off the pump is what connects to your water source. The other blue one is your water to use for the tank. I would take that 'T' off that has the other blue one coming out of it probably leftover from how the person had it setup. The valve helps you control flow. You want your clean output to be about 1/3-1/4 of the flow going down your drain. Orange is waste water and you stick that down your drain.

I use something like this under the sink:
jgasa.jpg

Connects like this:
IMG_20120603_010238.jpg

Or you can use something like this if your faucet is threaded:
RODI_Kitchen_Sink_Faucet_Adapter_ezr2.jpg

It will still allow you to use the faucet on the sink by pushing/pulling the pin or turning it depending on design.

Btw to get the tubing out of the quick connects you have to push that little plastic ring in. It is like wall anchors where if you pull out the plastic part has teeth that won't let the tubing release.

alexhpc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
thank you so much!! another 2. questions, how do you know when the filters need changing, and where is the best place for me to get new ones for this system, I got it with the tank and the person doesnt remember when he changed it last(if he ever did) he had the tank since 2006 based on the receipts... Am i better off just buying a new one?

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
They are generic 10" filters that most rodi's use. They are sold lots of places think I got mine last time from foster and smith since 49+ is free shipping. Ebay is another place that comes to mind. They will visually get dirty looking and also if you get a digital tds meter (they can be had cheap on ebay) it will tell you what the rodi water quality is. The membrane doesn't have to be changed nearly as often like every year or two the others maybe every 6 months or so depending on use.

alexhpc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I plugged everything in and the RO is only flushing out waste water through the orange tube, and there is not clean water coming through the blue tube.. I even added pressure via the pump. What can be wrong?

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
The waste line should be going through a flow restrictor on its way out of your RO membrane. This sets the right flow so water will go through the membrane and come out clean. Thats one possibility..not sure what others :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: