ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
I have sea cucumbers and anemones with no adverse effects when I dosed.
Don't have stomatella in my tank so I can't tell you about them, but they should be fine as regular snails are fine with it

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Stometellas and snails lived through the treatment no problem.

I do not own a cucumber and as far as anemones the only ones I have are aptasia and of coarse they wont die!

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
how long did you have the pipefish in the first place? Were they feeding on the food you offered or grazing off the pod population? How soon after the dose did the pipes die?

You can double the dose with no ill effects towards uneffected species. When I still had my 120g SPS tank, I had to dose a few rounds of interceptor to get rid of the bugs and I started with a double dose and raised it slightly each time. Didn't lose anything except a few hermits I had in there.

You can also use it as a dip if you get a frag that you suspect may be infested. I've dipped a few frags in the past with a large dose and you can watch some of the bugs drop off and the rest just cling there, dead. Just have to worry about the eggs at that point, unless you keep the frags in a QT tank for a few weeks and keep dosing.

Last edited:
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
I did put carbon back after changing water
Not sure why it affects my pipefishs they have been in the tank for 1 year. They would not just die one or two days later without food. However, I am starting to worry my manderin because of the wiped out pods.

It may be due to the misuse of the carbon, as I did not put new one back in. I been using the carbon like a couple weeks, thinking they are kind of new, so I just took them out and rinse them and put them back after the treatment. It should not be ammonia else my other fish would have been affected too, I have loads of TR colwns, dottybacks, wrasses, blue spotted. It probably is something leaking back out from the carbon that kills only the pipefish but not fish.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: