petlover516

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Middle school = 6th grade? If so, I'm impressed with the amount of thought and research you are putting into this. Would put many older reefers to shame.
thank so much for the complements everyone. u are correct. im in grade 6. yet in my area 6th grade is still part of elementary school LOL.

petlover516

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 to that. there are way too few people who take the time to really plan out a tank. its good to see you are trying to figure this out before you start throwing salt in a tank ;)

anyway, as for my humble opinion of the latest revision of the stocking list...

2 onyx clownfish - cool fish, and tank bred too. really nice in this sized tank i think
1 orchid dotty-back - very aggressive fish. might eat your shrimp too, even a coral banded...
3 green chromis - they are cool fish, but always seem to kill each other off until there is only one left...
1 flame angel - maybe a little big for this sized tank. if you are set on an angel you could get an cherub angel (C. argi).
1 midas blenny - love that fish :)

even so, thats a lot of fish in a small tank. maybe just start with the clowns and a blenny and see how things go?

ok...i happen to love birds, especially pheasants. i was researching about fish and came across this Scooter blenny. its dorsal fin looks like a peacock's feathers! i read about a 3rd grade girl who sucessfully maintains a 40breeder w/ 20long sump. in inches she had 28inches of fish. adding a scooter blenny would add 5inches, creating 32inches of fish in my tank. this girl also had a variety of corals, i only plan on hardy ones. she originally had a kehole angel in this tank which was later moved out due to aggression-that was 36inches at that point. so i don't see why i can't manage the revised list:
2 onyx clowns
1 royal gramma
3 green chromis-never heard of that before
1 flame angel-according to research, they can survive in smaller tanks
1 midas blenny
1 scooter blenny-definately won't be added until the tank is established

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: