• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

S

skywalker

I just added some figi rock in my tank and i woke up to no fish just bones????was it the T-virus Someone please help 10 Gallon 8 lbs of rock

reefnhard

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
look at night with a red light and see whats stalking your tank throw some bait fish in there to attract it most likely is a mantis shrimp...u have to be careful they can bust your glass aquarium with ease...sometimes u'll here knockin around at night while they search for food,if u hear knokin most likly u have one..good luck my friend there hard to catch there fast

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Was this just one fish that turned into bones? What type of fish?

What other fish/critters do you have in the tank?
What is in your clean up crew?

If there is a Mantis Shrimp in there - be careful as they CAN take your finger off. :(

T

THEDLO

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
tagging along! lol it might be that u have an amazing clean up crew was the fish sick before hand? one oh my chromis died in my tank and all i found was bones the next morning...his comrads were the ones that killed him (picked on to death) but i have a decent clean up crew.

Last edited by a moderator:

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Skywalker, seeing that you've got only 2 posts, and just registered a couple of weeks ago, I've got to ask 'the' question......
How long has your tank been set up?
When did you add your saltwater into the tank?
When you say you just added 8 lbs of rock in a 10g tank, did you also add your fish at the same time?
How many fish?
What kind of fish?

Sorry for all the questions, but the answer to your first question might lie in the answers to all of my questions.

Russ

midtownman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Skywalker, seeing that you've got only 2 posts, and just registered a couple of weeks ago, I've got to ask 'the' question......
How long has your tank been set up?
When did you add your saltwater into the tank?
When you say you just added 8 lbs of rock in a 10g tank, did you also add your fish at the same time?
How many fish?
What kind of fish?

Sorry for all the questions, but the answer to your first question might lie in the answers to all of my questions.

Russ
Very good questions indeed I thought to think of those possibilities

nminunni

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Hey, Lets not get too technical here. I have already jumped ahead to some killer mantis shrimp or a giant eel that is able to shrink itself down and fit into a piece of LR.

All kidding aside, Russ has asked some need to know questions before we can assume you have some crazy mythological creature.

roc5288

ReefersDelight
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Don't dismiss an eel.. I brought a piece of LR, left it in the back seat of my truck for about 4 hours in the middle of winter no water, Brought it home, put it in my DT. Only for my son to ask me a couple hours later when did i buy the snowflake eel. Needless to say i didn't buy an eel. You'll be surprised to see the things that can hide in a pores piece of LR

T

THEDLO

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Don't dismiss an eel.. I brought a piece of LR, left it in the back seat of my truck for about 4 hours in the middle of winter no water, Brought it home, put it in my DT. Only for my son to ask me a couple hours later when did i buy the snowflake eel. Needless to say i didn't buy an eel. You'll be surprised to see the things that can hide in a pores piece of LR

COOL! lol

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
How big or small is your fish? It's not likely a mantis that can consume a fish entirely unless it's relatively much larger than your fish in one night. If it's realatively large, you should have noticed easily as compared to a crab whcih is more stealthy in general. Ammonia can melt you fish fast but so fast as to "just bones left" in one night unless your level is likely 10+(usually there will some skin and such).

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: