• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Hey guys so I was wondering about broadening my LED light spectrum and I was considering adding some Violet, Red and Green LEDs from rapidled to my light rack. I have two questions though. One, would I be able to mount the LEDs straight onto the light rack since it's made of aluminum and have 3 big computer fans blowing over the tank. And second, if i have 4 of each color next to my PacSun fixture, would the intensity of the LEDs be strong enough to notice a difference in color along with the PacSuns? Here's a pic of the light rack and the fans that are over the tank. Thanks in advance, Fortunato

p7112725.jpg

NYC Joe

Seahorses yea!
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Well don't know about mounting.
But I have violet, red, deep red, green and turquoise on my DIY fixture.
I really feel it improves color.
I have 1 of each and 4 violet.

My tank is a 24" cube

They are strong and I feel 1 is enough for me. I have them manually Dimmable so I can adjust.

Also consider led group buy.com

Thanx
-Joe

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
The red and Green will show thru but the violet(even when all other lights are out) would not have much visual effects with the LEDs I have It's advisable to put slight more or them and use a dimmer.
I assume you meant 410-435nm for the violet.

Mounting them ont he rack depends on whether the rack is hot already or not, if they are cold when you operate your Pacific Suns, then you are good to go as long you spread them enough.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: