Clink51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I purchased a sump off of a member here a while ago that came with the 57g i'm slowly building. I just now got around to start playing with the tank and would like to add a place for a refugium. Any ideas on how i should modify this? I have already cut a piece of glass for the baffle that seperates the drain and skimmer area from the fuge ( 9" tall), and as you can see in the below picture, their are 2 plastic baffles already there but mighty low (first baffle is 5"). As it stands right now, if i were to leave it as it, i would only have a 1.9g refugium, which i feel is way to small to do anything. Any ideas would be grand

stock image
Sump12.jpg

here is one idea im playing with but i'll need more glass
7F610D7D-9EDA-43F1-BB5B-567F95D677B8_zpsapvolo45.jpg

Last edited:

Reef Lobster

REEF LOBSTER LLC OWNER
Vendor
Rating - 87.5%
21   3   0
i love my oceanic sump. No problems for 8 years (knock on wood!) i use mine as a daisy chain sump. So basically i have another sump thats higher up drain into this one and this one just holds rock and mangroves. Ive toyed with the idea of making baffles before. I would 100% remove that old baffle that to me is useless. I always fill mine way higher than their integrated baffle.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: