32Bit_Fish

Nope... especially if you want a reef. Some fish will eat other fish, corals, inverts, etc. 500g isn't nearly as big as you may think.

What? 500G is not considered a big tank? How many people on this board keep a 500G or bigger tank?

BTW, I found the book in the library. :lol2:

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
In a 38 there are many fish to choose from besides clowns, gobies and firefish. These are smaller fish that i'm gonna list. Pygmy angel, Flameback angel, Coral beauty,half black angel, velvet angel, the before mentioned flame and potters, There are a few others. The first 2 only get about 2 inches in length. 6 line wrasse stays small 2 inches maybe total. Royal Gramma, Pseudos(will pick at hermits and eat shrimp) the reef safe hawk fish, Damsels but not recommended they get aggresive and terittorial. There are also a ton others but these are most commonly carried,

32Bit_Fish

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
In a 38 there are many fish to choose from besides clowns, gobies and firefish. These are smaller fish that i'm gonna list. Pygmy angel, Flameback angel, Coral beauty,half black angel, velvet angel, the before mentioned flame and potters, There are a few others. The first 2 only get about 2 inches in length. 6 line wrasse stays small 2 inches maybe total. Royal Gramma, Pseudos(will pick at hermits and eat shrimp) the reef safe hawk fish, Damsels but not recommended they get aggresive and terittorial. There are also a ton others but these are most commonly carried,

I like active swimming fish with bright color. I thought dwarf angel is same as Pygmy angel, no?

The coral beauty and flame angel are being listed as reef safe with caution. I've been getting mixed feedbacks on them. So it's a 50/50 hit or miss type of thing.

I'm currently have some zoo frags, acan and possibly keeping clam in the future. Should I risk it?

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
A coral beauty is a dwarf, that is the general group name for the smaller angels. Then you have and actual pygmy angel that belongs to the dwarf angels family. A 6 line wrasse is colorful and is always swimming and hunting. I never liked them before put but one in my tank 2 weeks ago and he is very active.

32Bit_Fish

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
A coral beauty is a dwarf, that is the general group name for the smaller angels. Then you have and actual pygmy angel that belongs to the dwarf angels family. A 6 line wrasse is colorful and is always swimming and hunting. I never liked them before put but one in my tank 2 weeks ago and he is very active.

six line wrasse is nice. but many people told me 6 line gets too aggressive and it will attack new fish to death.

I like a lot of fish, but I would say 90% of them will not end up in my tank due to various different reasons. It's a daunting task to develop my fish stocking list, that's for sure.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
A 6 line can be aggresive but an angel will hold its own, Espicially the ones named. Clowns will be fine even better in a pair. Royal gramma will be harrased if you do get a 6 line that is up to no good.

pweissma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I'm stocking a 34g Solana. So far I only have a pair of ORA Occellaris. My plan is to get a Yasha Hase goby and a Randalls pistal shrimp. Other than that I'm undecided. High on my list are firefish which I also don't think anyone has mentioned yet, perhaps because they are jumpers. I may consider adding a Mandarin in 6mo - 1 yr but I know I'll have to seriously consider if my tank can support it. I know it's debatable if they should be put in a large nano.

Last edited:

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Blue green chromis are neat little fish. They shoal and are very active in all areas of the water column. They also appear to change color with the angle of the lights reflecting from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: