32Bit_Fish

Hi All,

I have a 38g tank and I need to have a fish stocking list.

Two oce clownfish are definitely at the top of the list.

What else can I put in the tank? The tank has zoos, acan and some frogspawn.

I appreciate any inputs.

32Bit_Fish

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
My first 2 fish in my 65 were a pair of firefish- I have never had a cover and neither jumped- just dont do anything to startle them or stress them the first night youll be fine.

I guess I can try 2 fire fish or maybe 3 since there are not going to be too many fish in the tank. Do fire fish do well in small group (3-5 in a group)?

I'm just hoping they would not jump out of my 10G QT tank.

Last edited by a moderator:

jcolon2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Common fish you could do:

You could do:
two false clowns
A bicolor blenny
a dwarf angel (if you don't have clams, although, mine doesn't touch the clams). I have a Potters angel, the flame angel is also nice.
pj cardinals
the gold head sleep gobies look nice
Those are just some ideas.

32Bit_Fish

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Common fish you could do:

You could do:
two false clowns
A bicolor blenny
a dwarf angel (if you don't have clams, although, mine doesn't touch the clams). I have a Potters angel, the flame angel is also nice.
pj cardinals
the gold head sleep gobies look nice
Those are just some ideas.

Thanks for suggested fish list. I like dwarf angel (flame and CB). Can I keep both in my tank if I'm not adding any other fish?

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
38g is even better... I've been in this hobby for awhile... the perfect list doesn't exist. You will always want a fish you can't have, or two fish that you have to decide between. This is why so many of us have more than one tank. Here's my suggestion.

Get this book:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1890087386/?tag=reefs04-20

Go to friend's houses, LFS, the aquarium, and make note of the fish you like. Then go home, look them up in the book and see if they'll work. Then make sure they're compatible with one another. Eventually you'll find a happy medium.......

Or you'll start a second tank.

32Bit_Fish

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
38g is even better... I've been in this hobby for awhile... the perfect list doesn't exist. You will always want a fish you can't have, or two fish that you have to decide between. This is why so many of us have more than one tank. Here's my suggestion.

Get this book:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1890087386/?tag=reefs04-20

Go to friend's houses, LFS, the aquarium, and make note of the fish you like. Then go home, look them up in the book and see if they'll work. Then make sure they're compatible with one another. Eventually you'll find a happy medium.......

Or you'll start a second tank.

Thanks for the book suggestion and I will get it.

My other option would be upgrade to a bigger tank. :tongue1:

32Bit_Fish

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
It's probably the best reasonably priced and sized fish reference book out there. The bigger tank will come, but still doesn't eliminate fish incompatibility, which is where multiple tanks start happening! :tired:

Let's say in a 500 gallon tank. Would it still going to be incomptability issue? Can the person put any fish he likes to keep in that tank?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: