Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
the sixline if they even eat them are like the pipefish idea they are simply a means of biological control so they do not negatively affect the coral too badly as in causing them to brown out, not grow or bleach and it will not get rid of them entirely. unfortunately unless he completely gets rid of them he shouldnt trade or sell with other people without notifying them of the red bug problem so they can dip and qt accordingly

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Here is the original protocol:
http://www.reefs.org/forums/topic45859.html

Since this was developed, experience has shown that much higher doses at much longer exposure times have proven harmless. So, the suggestions here are minimum doses/time frames. Use these as rough estimates, don't drive your self crazy with measuring things super precisely or timing things etc. Rough out your dosage, add it to the tank in the evening and do a WC and carbon change when you wake up. Repeat 3x 1 week apart.

Jim

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Do yourself a favor and do all three treatments. I did two and thought I got them all and figured I wouldn't put any more stress on the shrimp and crabs that survived and they came back. I guess I didn't kill the eggs. I did the three treatments last year and so far so good. I dip any new corals now with Bayer.

Jim

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I don't know the weight of that pill. I have the larger pills and they are just under 1 gram (23 mg of medicine) which will treat 380 gallons. So I would assume your pills will treat 190 gallon each. You need to figure your total water volume and go from there. Your going to need a scale. I think even a half a pill might be a little too much for your tank.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
No it does not make the tank smell.

I use an entire 11.5mg tab for my 120g tank (which has about 20g in the sump).

You should probably use 1/2-3/4 of that pill. Check the expiration date as expired pills MAY have less effectiveness. I'm still running tests on expired pills to determine if they actually break down at all.

ifarmer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Did the first treatment last night and everything was great. Lots of pods dead and 2 hermit crabs also die. Did not affect the snails
Because I had just 2 hermit crabs and one turbo snail and that was why I did not bother to isolate the crabs and snail.
After the medication, did about 20% water change after about 10 hrs.
But so far everything went great

I will need to do 2 more treatment in the next 2 weeks to ensure that the tank red big free

Thanks everyone's helps and inputs on this

Thanks again

F22

Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I would recommend a dip specifically for corals, in my personal opinion i would use Julian Sprungs coral revive dip. When dosing your aquarium with stuff like interceptor you have to keep in mind that this kills invertebrates like your shrimp and hermit crabs. If this medication can kill your shrimp id be willing to bet that it will at least harm your corals or organisms residing within the live rock. If this were the situation in my aquarium, i would first set up a few trays or buckets with tank water and then add the recommended dosage of julian sprungs revive dip, then piece by piece dip each coral for about 5 min as well as your live rock. This should help to rid your aquarium of these little pests. hope this helped-matt

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
I dont have luck with coral revive and redbugs. It got some to fall off, but not all. Even at super concentrated doses. I just recently did a interceptor treatment. All is well and it went great. I left it for 12 hours and still had the two hermits that I could not get out live. I will be I am going to place some cheato and sand I was holding I. My other tank to help repopulate what was lost.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: