• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
I'm sure Saltwater Critters will soon :) .

Thanks Ted. We will have them. Until the end of April the only one selling them is EcoTech direct.

Anyone who purchased an MP10 or MP40w in 2010 can upgrade to the new ES driver for the same expense it would have cost you if purchasing the new ES unit from the start. EcoTech is offering rebates so that nobody is caught spending more for the upgrade or out of luck for buying the previous release.

Russ

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Please keep in mind that the MP10's there's 2 versions. The ES and the ES W. One just has the ecosmart driver upgrade the other is wireless enabled.

So many are asking why would you need two MP10's. lol This is for those like me who don't need two 40's but would like different direction flow. You can sync up the 10's and make counter currents.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I was wondering if the 10w was able to sync with the 40w. Just for behind rock structures and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Yeah that's what I thought, but if you think about it, if they are synced and the master controls the driver wirelessly, there isn't any reason why it couldn't manage the pump speed and timing remotely.

That would defeat the purpose of SELLING a new product though. If you could accomplish what you're saying by only adding one unit to a 3 or 4 master/slave setup, why would someone need/want to buy the three additional ES models?

If nothing better, it's at least good cocktail party conversation :grouphug: Or not ;)

I'll ask Tim, or Eric next time I chat them up.

R

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
I was wondering if the 10w was able to sync with the 40w. Just for behind rock structures and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

i thought of the same thing but didn't know there's a mp10w in the market or is it mp10w es?

The new MP10's can be wireless, just like the MP40w's. As a matter of fact, the MP10w's can be synched with the MP40w's in the same tank. So you'll be able to mix and match the MP10's & MP40's wirelessly.

R

can the mp10w es be sync to the mp40w? but then again the mp10 magnet may not be strong enough for a 1/2" glass.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: