Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi everyone. i am currenty running a 66gal. tank with a 20gal. sump and fuge, t-5 lighting, diy skimmer, 60lb. live rock. i seem to be having trouble getting my cal. above 350. i was wondering if you guys had ant thoughts on this?

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Salt mix

Hey Phuture- should ask masterswimmer(saltwatercritters) about the ESV saltwater system- I just switched from IO Reef Crystals to it- with Instant Ocean my calcium was at 360 and magnesium was at right around 1200 after 1 water change so far the calcium is already at 420 and magnesium jumped to 1260- is a 4 part mix and you can taylor it to your needs the parts are 1 bag of sodium chloride 1 bag of magnesium sulfate 1 bottle of part a and 1 bottle of part b-both major minor and trace elements. Also the instant ocean took a long time to be completely clear 8-12 hours as you know this salt is clear within 20-40 minutes and a 200 gallon kit isnt much more than the crystals 160 gallon bucket. Like 20 bucks or so. It also comes with all the measuring scoops and the beaker for the liquids with simple to follow instructions- I love it so far. Good luck

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: