ohdanny

Just reefing
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
my reef tank been up for 3 months, 14 gallons. there are green algae spreading at some places and I don't even know what kind of green algae this is. I've been using rodi water with IO salt. how would I get rid of this? image is attached.please help! there are also spreading on my rock with my zoas and xenias

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 330

ohdanny

Just reefing
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
nitrates are 0ppm, I need to get a tds for rodi water and a phosphate test. The tank is not getting hit by direct sun light. so I'll buy a tds and phosphate meter. also I have been having problems with my corals, my frogspawn are 3 months old they are growing new tiny heads but the big frogspawn heads never open up all the way. the torch coral I bought also turned more white and does not open freely. both corals are in low flow area, bottom of my tank.

ohdanny

Just reefing
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
also another problem, idk if these are pests or what but they are growing under my circulation pump (jebao). it's these white/clear soft tiny heads of something idk. pic posted

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 247

Nandez13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
246   0   0
Those look like sponges and are filter feeders (harmless to the tank). They tend to grow in low flow areas. If both algae and sponges are growing in your display tank, you may want to look into increasing the flow.

STORM

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
get a sea hare for the algae, but you need to get a phosphate test kit and ck your ro waters tds if your filters are old you might be adding phosphates with your water changes also when feeding strain the food before adding it to your tank, a sea hare and some of the methods already provided can take care of the algae but you need to find the cause to corrected before it gets out of control.

Clink51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
if flow is good, nitrates are good, lights aren't the issue, it could be something coming off the rocks. One thing ive done is use AlgaeFix Marine. Its not a fix by any means, but it will stop the unsightliness. From what you have said, this isn't an issue of lazy maintenance but just a nuisance. Try it out and incorporate it into your weekly water changes. Some people dose Alch, Some Calc, you just gotta does Algaefix lol.

ohdanny

Just reefing
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
6 hours of blue light and 4 hours of white light
I'm growing some softies, pulsing Xenia, green star polyps and 2 mini colonies of zoas and 3 LPS - Duncan's hammer and frogspawn.
I've never checked for phosphates maybe that's the problem.
I see small spekles of the green algae around my tank now

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: