creo568

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hello all i am creo from Brooklyn i just started a saltwater tank 3 months ago.
i have an ocean son 46 gal tank ehime filter protein skimmer 1 400 rio power head and a 900 maxi jet power head. i have 48lb of live rock 30lb of ls . i have 3 24" fb 1is 10,000k 1 is a 50/50 and the last is a blue spec bulb moon light tube is inc in mail. Here is a list of what i have in tank as of today .

2clowns ,3 scarlet hermits
2 yellow tail dams ,10 cerith snails
1blue hippo ,1 fancy nassarius snail
1 manderin dragonet, 1 teddy bear crab
1 lawnmower blenny, 3zoos
1knobby star ,1blue tip anemone
1 lettus nobi ,1watermelon mushroom pol
3 3stripe dams ,1red mushroom pol
10 emerald hermits ,2 green ricordia mushroom pol

i ran into a member in a lfs on 48st and 8th ave who told me about the site and about the frag swaps.Here i am hope to gain lots of knowledge from all of you.Would like to learn how to go about fraggin.hope to meet soon =).

creo568

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
my blue hippo is 2" i found out shouldn't have any tangs in my tank not enough room for them to swim.well when it gets bigger ill pass it on to some1 don't want any unhappy fish.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Welcome to MR.

You are going to have a little problem because that tank is alot overstocked and that starfish is gonna eat corals if you put any in that tank. Knobby stars are usually a second name for Chocolate Chip stars. They are no reef safe.

Take some pics of you tank and equipment. Are the lights you have power compacts or Normal output Lights? I would scrap the rio and the MH 900 for 2 Maxijet 1200's.

SIReefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Welcome Creo.
You just missed a great frag swap. I don't think you are ready for 1 just yet though. Your tank is at max capacity now.
The anemone is not reef safe & needsmh lighting to survive. If your tank has no refuge or is not mature enough the mandarin won't make it either. Blue hippo is too big for tank. Star not reef safe. A lot of damsels in close quarters, they will become agressive. Hopefully the clowns are mated & make it. I know it is tempting but don't buy anymore livestock for your tank. Good luck.

Last edited:

creo568

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
O.K wow um what should i do?Guess its time to give stuff away.i should have just started with zoos and shrooms. Bought this ocean sun tank from china its 32 1/2 inches long don't think any us lights will fit on it.Can any1 tell me if i can get t5 to fit the tank or even retro fix my top with t5 lights? atm it holds 3 florescent bulbs 24" the housing for the ballast is 2"wide and 2" deep.it also has 3 fuses that are under plastic caps.Thanks for the warm welcome and all the info.

LandFEAR

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are your paramaters, If nitrates start getting high you should think about a refuge, made my life so much easier, and got a decent load a barely any nitrates. Sounds like a sweet set up, good luck

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: