petecomas

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have at least one polyclad flatworm that has decimated my snail population. I caught a glimpse of it a few months ago but wasn't quick enough with the turkey baster. Speedy sucker hid in one of my rocks. Someone suggested I try Prazi-Pro, so I relocated my coco worm to a friend's tank and dosed the DT this morning. Now how do I know if it worked? Any suggestions?

debbythefowler

bona-fide REEF NUT
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Pete,

I had at least two. One, I nearly killed myself pulling a giant piece of rock that I saw it in, (almost fell off of a ladder with said rock in hand). The second one I was successful in siphoning it out. I tried trapping it with all manner of clams (it won't eat the silversides) and after that gave up and put the Prazi-pro into the tank. The only way to know they are dead (one must assume that where there was one.....) is to put a snail or two into the tank and wait. It's been 4 months since I dosed the Prazi-pro, and I still have the two large snails. I used Mexican Turbos, but the Polyclad (at least mine) seemed to enjoy ALL of my Nerites. (black and white shells)

Does this help? How big is your tank?

debby

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: