Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Figured i would share some of my photos from T&C - iphone photos [eh]!

IMG_1938.jpg

IMG_1939-1.jpg

IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_1953.jpg

IMG_1955.jpg

photo4.png

34.jpg

DSC01705.jpg

DSC01590.jpg

gb.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Turks and Caicos is an amazing spot, especially if you are willing to rent a car and check out the sights. You can use cabs but it would cost a fortune.

The highlights of my trips were all made possible with the rental.

I could not get in any diving, I went with my girlfriend and she is nervous of the water. I was able too go snorkeling at 2 different locations and she actually came along for the first time. Diving? maybe in the near future! lol

The beautiful water in the majority of the photos is a place called Taylor Bay, and yes it is almost always completely empty.

You need too catch a cab or rent a car to drive to taylor bay.

Anyways, i didnt buy a new camera. i ended up borrowing an underwater camera from a good friend and ended up breaking it lol and just replaced it for her. lol [what a waste of money!!]

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
We stayed at Ocean Club West, It was the best bang for the buck at the time. We actually booked the trip like 2 weeks before we left.

Everything was roughly 300-1200 a night [crazy] but we got the ocean club west for 310 ish with 1 night free so it averaged to around 240 or so. We booked our flights first and hotel second.... Jet blue actually instantly refunded me 200 dollars for booking through their "vacation getaways" program along with a 200 dollar credit refund for our flights. It was a no brainer.

We stayed in a 1bd room suite. Full kitchen, washer and dryer, full fridge etc.. not really modern/luxury but clean and nice.

We checked out most of the places around and would probably stay somewhere else the next trip, when we were on grace bay we typically stayed at grace bay club. But most of my trip i was on the road searching lol.

if you have any questions just msg me..

chinatown

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Taylor Bay huh, no wonder it looks so calm. I was at T&C a few weeks ago and the water was pretty rough but we were facing the Atlantic Ocean at the Beaches Resort and Spa.

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I got back January 13th, It was quite "rough" [for t&c standards] when we arrived on the 6th but it calmed down by day two. I walked almost the entire Grace Bay with my girlfriend over the course of our vacation. To be honest, beaches to me seemed like it was the "worst" part of grace bay. [dont take that the wrong way lol...."worst" if you can even call it that lol] Place was so long there was a spot for everything lol - shade sun etc...

It was a very short beach in comparison and a lot of the resorts land was really shaded from the trees. The water over there just didnt not seem nearly as nice [color/hue] and did not seem like it was as calm.

Considering it is located right near the reef [coral gardens] it makes a little sense i guess.

I felt like you could visibly see a difference once you walked passed Alexandra Resort and arrived near beaches.

Ocean Club West/Five Stars/Grace Bay Club seemed to be the nicest area [by luck]

We visited

Taylor Bay
Sapodilla Bay
Chalk Sound
Pelican Beach
Turtle cove
Long Bay Beach

La Brisas
Conch Shack

Last edited:

bizzarro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a android tablet, get the latest google maps version on there and cache the entire island. It is much easier to get around than using those island maps. Of course I had my iPad and it didn't cache the area but my wife's droid phone worked there but small screen.

There's not much signs there except from the main highway then you're pretty much gotta figure it out from there.

Great, small island if I'd go, I'd probably go during off season again.

chinatown

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
question about cacheing the whole island idea. does it just work as a map or will it tell you exactly where you are with a dot on the map, like a gps?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: