• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
i have a story of how resilient these suckers can be. i named him rudy. i've tried many methods like hot water injections, aiptasia-x, glue, putty, on rudy.
he would go away for a while but after any where from 2 days to 2 months, he always return and i know it's him not his siblings or friends. (perhaps it could be his clone). he would come back on the exact same spot near the middle of my zoa colony.
i became obsessed with murderous rage that one day i took the whole rock, rudy, zoa's and all out and submerged it under a bucket full of freshwater. surely that should kill every thing. observations made: prized zoa takes a long time to multiply if at all, LE zoa melts away before the paypal bill comes, s.o.b.'s that you could care less takes awhile to die.
i was sure that after a day and a half under freshwater, things would fall off and leave a nice clean rock. but no, the zoa were all close up but still there. so i said if the zoa's still there, rudy might still be there. back it goes in the fresh water. this time i waited a few days til the week end. ahhhh....by this time most of the zoa's had turn to mush. i toothbrushed the whole rock off and got a nice shiney new dead rock. so in the fuge section of the sump it goes. i was quite content that the arch nemesis is now gone from my precious reef.
years gone by(ok it was two weeks) and then it was time to trim the chaeto in the fuge which by this time resembled the reef version of the amazon. as i was plucking away i caught a glimse of ......huhhhh... it can't be!!!!
ther he was, in the exact same spot on the rock, rudy brought tear to my eyes once again. i adopted the MF. he is now part of my family.

the end.

hope y'all enjoyed that story, it's 4:30 in the morning. i shall bid you all a good night and am going to tuck in that MF'ing rudy!!!!!

LoL!!! Tom that is effin FUNNY!!! How's the little mofo doing today? :D

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi There
I had the aptasia problem for several months. I tried just about everything to no avail until a few weeks ago, a friend suggested a file fish, within a few days of adding it to my 225 reef the aptasia were historical, a figment of my imagination, I cannot recommend it more highly. I strongly suggest you try this.
Anton

aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
Rating - 98.3%
234   4   0
i've had a tank full of aiptasias and mojanos.

I listened to Dom, one of MR's vendors and purchased a bristle filefish i think its called. It removed 80% of my aiptasiaand I broke down my tank because of a tank leak and removed nearly all of them.

the fish definitely works. and it doesnt touch my clams, It eats snails but i have big turbos and it doesnt touch those.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: