Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs1356917530.340334.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1356917530.340334.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 224

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
They are known to be the safest bet of any angel. I have only heard of a small percent of them nipping. I plan on adding a pair to my tank once it is up and running.

Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
In the wild that eat plankton and things in the water column and will eat similar things in your tank, like Mysis and such, but they may nip at corals. This doesn't usually happen right away but it does over time.

I see.. I got a flame angel when he was very small, now that its big it got a taste for the yellow polyps I have in my tank

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I've had both the lamark and the swallowtail. The key is feeding your fish at least twice a day. This way they don't even think about nipping. I also have a coral beauty in my reef in addition to the swallowtail. No issues thus far. Been close to a year.

Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I've had both the lamark and the swallowtail. The key is feeding your fish at least twice a day. This way they don't even think about nipping. I also have a coral beauty in my reef in addition to the swallowtail. No issues thus far. Been close to a year.

Nice
Is it better to get them while they're juv.
Or it doesn't matter?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I always recommend acquiring juvenile fish. This way you can kinda mold them before they pick up bad habits. There are a few "reef safe" angels I know of. Bellus, lamarck, watanabi and swallowtail. However, I know guys who own full reef tanks with non-reef safe angels (blue face, majestic, etc.)and their system is thriving with little/no nipping.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: