JYC1128

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Hi everyone, does the refugium light have to be on 24/7 or only have to be on for certain amount of time? How many watt light is best for a compartment thats 16"X6"? Thanks for any help! :thrash:

jmaquatic

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I purchased a light that looked purple and its made for plant growth fron Home Depot I ran my light 12 hrs at night and off 12 during the day. But I would play with it run it for 24hrs for a few days then run it for 12hrs during the day and few days later run it at night and ever time you change it test your parameters and based on how your tank reacts go with the one with the best results for you. Every one will tell you different but from running a few fuges myself I find all systems react different so just go with w.e your tank reacts best too

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
On my 40 rack build I run when main lights are off. However on my AIO its in my one room apt so is it ok to run when main lights are on? I know the idea of opposite schedule is maintain ph so wasnt sure.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: