saltyguy56

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its a 1 1/2" injecter it would have numbers like 1583-1587 and a 1" would be 900 something to 1078 I believe and the 2" are 2022- ? They say it somewhere along the side, so the blueline is the injector pump or the feed pump?

Elliott

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
saltyguy56":3hkgb6wg said:
If its a 1 1/2" injecter it would have numbers like 1583-1587 and a 1" would be 900 something to 1078 I believe and the 2" are 2022- ? They say it somewhere along the side, so the blueline is the injector pump or the feed pump?

Th number is on the backside and my angle is very hard to read, without taking it apart I believe the number is 588528, there is 1 1/2" PVC pipe going to the inlet, the blueline 70 pump is the recirc pump running the massai

saltyguy56

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my guess is a 1 1/2" injector since there is 1 1/2" pvc there. What size gallon per hour pump are you feeding it with? It's interesting different people say different things about the preformance of the same product, must be alot of varying factors when it come to protein skimmers, for instance I heard of people using oil to fry something up for diner and the skimmer in the next room acted up because of the oil vapors being drawn in the air intake.

Elliott

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
saltyguy56":30y79cw7 said:
Well my guess is a 1 1/2" injector since there is 1 1/2" pvc there. What size gallon per hour pump are you feeding it with? It's interesting different people say different things about the preformance of the same product, must be alot of varying factors when it come to protein skimmers, for instance I heard of people using oil to fry something up for diner and the skimmer in the next room acted up because of the oil vapors being drawn in the air intake.

I am feeding the skimmer with a regular DART, valved down to 1500 gph

saltyguy56

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever tried to force air into a Mazzei Injector by way of say a Alita 60 or 80 air pump? Maybe using a stock Dart recirculating the 1 1/2" Mazzei?

saltyguy56

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Elliott":1rzs7ri5 said:
Mr. Wilson, please post your eventual mods on Peter's RK2 25PE, I'd be interested to know what pumps you end up using, plumbing changes, etc. I am still trying to figure out how to use the Dart NW on the recirc loop and bypassing the mazzai injector, since the recirc loop includes the ozone port and air gauge coming off the mazzai injector, and internal washdown.

I also wonder how the Dart NW would perform by just swapping out the pumps and leaving the recirc loop as is with the massai? Would it produce enough pressure to adequately run the mazzai?

I'm currently planning to use a Panworld 70 as the feed pump.
I know the regular Dart produces 4.8 psi max so I wouldnt think the needlewheel could push the Mazzei

Elliott

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
saltyguy56":2qdy4jab said:
Elliott":2qdy4jab said:
Mr. Wilson, please post your eventual mods on Peter's RK2 25PE, I'd be interested to know what pumps you end up using, plumbing changes, etc. I am still trying to figure out how to use the Dart NW on the recirc loop and bypassing the mazzai injector, since the recirc loop includes the ozone port and air gauge coming off the mazzai injector, and internal washdown.

I also wonder how the Dart NW would perform by just swapping out the pumps and leaving the recirc loop as is with the massai? Would it produce enough pressure to adequately run the mazzai?

I'm currently planning to use a Panworld 70 as the feed pump.
I know the regular Dart produces 4.8 psi max so I wouldnt think the needlewheel could push the Mazzei

your're correct, that's why I switched and used the Panworld 70 (blueline) on the Massei and the Dart as the feed pump

saltyguy56

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone used a Coralife air pump to push the Dart NW? I see one that delivers 65 lpm for 65.00 dollars, less than half of the Alita and only 3 watts more.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: