Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
According to Bulk Reef Supply who sells a different type of RODI that can be used for drinking water its all about splitting the water off before it goes into the DI Resin.

"Using RO/DI water is essential to maintaining a healthy aquarium. City and well water are inherently full of contaminants that have an undesirable effect on the aquarium. An RO/DI system will provide the pure water necessary for the long term success of your tank. The BulkReefSupply.com 5 Stage Drinking Water System is our 5 Stage Standard unit with the addition of a pressurized faucet kit and an extra TST Inline filter to reduce taste and odor. This reverse osmosis unit is setup to split the output water before the DI Resin stage for drinking water".

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store...-gpd-ro-di-5-stage-drinking-water-system.html

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Isn't the same, Russ. We drink water. Water is our tanks' atmosphere.

Based on the medically accepted notion that our bodies are comprised of well over 50% water it would seem that it pretty much makes up our individual 'environments' too.

Try not eating food for 3 weeks, you'll survive (although not overly healthy).
Try not drinking water for 7 days......shoot me a PM on day 8 ;) LMK how you feel.

Russ

bigbris1

Re-reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Duh, Russ. I know we need water to survive etc.

Point is, drinking tap water is perfectly fine especially in NYC. Heck, some people drink water in places where if we drank it we'd get sick and they're perfectly fine.

So how would drinking water that has passed thru a sediment filter and a carbon filter be harmful again?

I think some of us get caught up in the term "waste water" and think it's poison or something. I know that you're saying 'if we make water for our tanks, why not make the same quality water to drink for ourselves?' but the question the OP posed here wasn't asking that (I don't think).

LatinP

Look at my bare bottom!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
According to Bulk Reef Supply who sells a different type of RODI that can be used for drinking water its all about splitting the water off before it goes into the DI Resin.

"Using RO/DI water is essential to maintaining a healthy aquarium. City and well water are inherently full of contaminants that have an undesirable effect on the aquarium. An RO/DI system will provide the pure water necessary for the long term success of your tank. The BulkReefSupply.com 5 Stage Drinking Water System is our 5 Stage Standard unit with the addition of a pressurized faucet kit and an extra TST Inline filter to reduce taste and odor. This reverse osmosis unit is setup to split the output water before the DI Resin stage for drinking water".

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store...-gpd-ro-di-5-stage-drinking-water-system.html

That's not just BRS you can tee off any RO line before it gets into the DI chamber and essentially add a "home drinking kit". Many vendors will sell this as an optional addon to an RO or RO/DI unit.

Based on the medically accepted notion that our bodies are comprised of well over 50% water it would seem that it pretty much makes up our individual 'environments' too.

Try not eating food for 3 weeks, you'll survive (although not overly healthy).
Try not drinking water for 7 days......shoot me a PM on day 8 ;) LMK how you feel.

Russ

Do you think a cellphone can get reception 8 ft underground?

bigbris1

Re-reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
There are countries in places like Africa that would kill to drink what we're calling waste water.

I've been making water all night and get a consistent 042 in at the tap which is much lower than many bottled water companies' measurements. I do realize that some folks have much higher TDS at the tap and even more so for well water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: