rcharliesam

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
http://www.spectrapure.com/St_RODI-REFURB.htm

This is the one I recently got, it is very good and don't be scared by it being called a refurb. All new filters and likely never used (so, new without the ability to be called new).

The shipping was kind of high, but it is still a great deal. From there you only need an in line tds meter (20 something dollars with free shipping on ebay) and you are set.

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
What is good for you depends on a lot of things.
Extras like a pressure gauge and a TDS meter will cost you more.

The main thing to keep in mind are the ease or replacing filters. Some RODI units are cheap because there is little or no service after the sale. So you are on your own to find replacement parts.
I got a great deal on this.

http://www.airwaterice.com/product/...RODI-with-Gauge-TDS-Alarm-Dual-TDS-Meter.html

TonyHNY

Back from a break
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Bulkreefsupply.com

All their units are non-proprietory so you can explore other brands of products for replacement (filters, membranes...etc etc). It would be nice to have a TDS meter to determine when to replace your DI...Overall, I would NOT save money on a RODI unit because you can end up being frustrated with a crappy unit (lower productions..expensive parts)....

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I have a custom BRS one and I love it. I have the end hooked up too 2 separate float switches. one directly as the ATO and the other to fill up the salt mixing bin so it does everything by itself with a tis meter attached and everything. Great system, so easy to replace everything, so highly recommended. Like everyone else says don't cheap out on the RO/DI. It's one of those things where you should buy it even before you get the tank thats how important it is. Once you see the sediment filters after a few months you will see the amount of crap inside the clear water that anyone would think is clean.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: