Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
i currently have a Typhoon 5 stage RODI system from air water and ice ...and from about a month ago at started to not produce any water ...only waste water...so i called and after they telling me what to do over the phone and me unassembling the whole thing, they told me that is most likely the membrane that is clogged ....

my filters need to be replaced even the membrane
so should i just invest on a new system instead of investing on shipping the system to them then buying all of the filters/membrane?

which brands should i consider ?
i was thinking of just buying a BRS RODI

any advice will be helpfull
thanks

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
The Tyhpoon 5 is a great unit. Not sure why you would ship the unit somewhere to change the filters/membrane??
You didn't mention how much water you make or how long you have had the unit. The quality of the water going into the unit will also affect how long the filters/membrane lasts.

I'd just replace all of the filters & membrane and go from there.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
The Tyhpoon 5 is a great unit. Not sure why you would ship the unit somewhere to change the filters/membrane??
You didn't mention how much water you make or how long you have had the unit. The quality of the water going into the unit will also affect how long the filters/membrane lasts.

+1

Filters are cheaper than buying new. Call Affordable aquatic (sponsoer here) I just bought my 4 stages from him and were priced right.

FWIW

House

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I have one of these also that needs new filters soon they look a little different than the ones my other one uses. Do they have to be purchased from them or will generic work?

Lostinthedark

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
KathyC;1269987 I'd just replace all of the filters & membrane and go from there.[/QUOTE said:
I have the same unit. Mine is about 2 years old and I replaced the filters once and the Di twice in that time. I also have it hooked up to my fridge with the ice maker and water dispenser so it is doing double duty. Alot depends on the water quality going in. My TDS on the raw side is usually around 100 but it does vary tremendously.
I would stick with the Typhoon but add another prefilter (about $40)if your water is that dirty.
Also check your water pressure. Anything below 40psi and it pretty much stops working. I added the non-powered pressure pump to mine and it brought my pressure from 45 up to 60psi.
Good luck

Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0

AWI told me to ship it back to them so they can find what's the problem then they'll ship it back to me.. But then I still need to buy the filters since its actually time for me to change them anyways

I've had this unit for more than a year
I do 15 gal wc every 2 weeks and fill up a 20 gal tank every 10 days or so for evaporated water

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I have the same unit. Mine is about 2 years old and I replaced the filters once and the Di twice in that time. I also have it hooked up to my fridge with the ice maker and water dispenser so it is doing double duty. Alot depends on the water quality going in. My TDS on the raw side is usually around 100 but it does vary tremendously.
I would stick with the Typhoon but add another prefilter (about $40)if your water is that dirty.
Also check your water pressure. Anything below 40psi and it pretty much stops working. I added the non-powered pressure pump to mine and it brought my pressure from 45 up to 60psi.
Good luck

+1 on the pre filter, I have one running before my booster pump and it helps tremendously. It also helps to flush the unit after making water, that's what I was told by the Jim at Filterguyz. Hope this helps.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: