probe dms

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I have a tank running with sand on the bottom. no rocks. can i use this for a qt tank. id rather not have to take the sand out.

18oreefer

+270
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Sand and rock could possably trap some of the illness from the fish you have in there letting it lie dormant (ich) till another sick fish comes along. that fish could get a double wammy with something else, in the sand or rock, and possably kill it.

probe dms

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
nice read thanks. so my other fish in my main tank dont seem to be effected by the ich. will all the ich be gone by in a month if they dont attach to my other fish?. all the other fish in the tank seem to be immune.

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
NO! As long as fish are in the tank the ick is there. The only way to get rid of ick is to have the tank without fish for at least 6 weeks. Your fish may be immune but any fish you add to the tank will probably get sick. And chances are the rest of your fish will get it. So all should be in qt getting medicated.

18oreefer

+270
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I find a natural way to cure ich is to have good water quality first. Also add reefpure hufa or garlic to there food. Most helpfull though would have to be a cleaner shrimp. O and a low stress level. You dont have to take all of your fish out of your tank. Ich is alway present in the environment but when a fishes immune system is down cause of stress it allows the ich to get a foot hold.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: