latino277

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
what would u use LED's for then?
but without havng the LED's ..the MH 2x175w/VHO 2x110w in a 90gal can keep sps in my tank?

This is hard to answer without knowing how deep the tank is.... the deeper the tank, the higher the wattage need to light the lower parts of the tank. I think (don't quote me on this), 175 will be good up to 20 inchs, 250 are good upto 25 inch. With that said, if you have a 24 inch deep tank... and you put you sps 15 inchs deep.... your still good.

In short, yes you can keep SPS with those lights. You just have to keep in mind how deep you place the corals, and how much light they need (softies on the bottom, LPS in the mid and SPS up top).

PolandSpring

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
yah...thats sounds right..thnks again
btw the dimensions are 48x18x24 but then sand takes about 2 inches and all the rock on the bottom, so yah... i would be putting the sps around 15inches deep for now until i upgrade

PolandSpring

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Also.. i am debating on my K4's x2 that i have currently in my tank...are 2 k4's too strong of a flow for a 90gal? Im also keeping sps and lps in the tank...what should i do with my powerheads..degrade or keep?

stoneriff

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Power heads are obviously, to create a good flow in your tank. You want to try to not have any dead spots in the tank, but you also don't want to directly blast any corals. Aquascaping, and trial and error. Spend some time trying out different possibilities.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: