Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Thanks guys for your kind word. There will be more pictures of my tank soon. Now I'm fighting some nasty spirogyra algae, h2o2 seems to work on it.

Smoq, check my 10 gallon journal thread on plantedtank. I was breeding peacock gudgeons and I have lots of pics posted. Breeding was super easy after I added PVC caves. The fry grow painfully slowly tho. I sold my breeders and colony to another pt member.

Great tank. I broke down my reef tank recently. Going back to planted fw. I can't wait. :). Thinking of doing a CPO breeding tank since so few people do crays.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Hey Frosty, I checked it out a couple of times already. I ove the tank man. Funny thing, your tank was one of my very first inspirations cause back then I so much wanted a second tank. My GF gave me a green light, I even ordered some rocks and equipment, had a 20g tank lying around and then I started thinking. Next is history:)- I asked my better half what she thinks about a mudskipper tank instead of a planted setup, but when I started saying about salt she got puzzled (the good thing was she didn't give a damn what kind of tank I'm gonna get as she wasn't interested).The idea switched from a mudskipper brackish setup to a saltwater reef tank. And here I am. The true is my reef tank supposed to be an iwagumi planted one. I guess I made a very good choice- I got interested into SW, found out about this great forum and that pulled the plug for real. And my GF really like the reef, she gives names to my fish and getting more and more interested into it every day (which is good thing as she will eventually invest in it:)))))

About your setup- orange crayfish- nice. I wish you best luck with that. So you are done with reefs?

I will try to follow your steps on breeding peacocks. Breeding is something new to me (except larger SA and african cichlids, I did that many years ago), I already set-up a breeding tank for my golden rams, they lay eggs in my display all the time but they just eat them all the time. I hope I'll be abe to do make them breed:)

Last edited:

FrostyNYC

Nano Tank N00b
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
So you are done with reefs?

Yea, I'm done. I went on vacation and came back a week later to find my tank at 96 degrees. This was during one of the major heat waves we had this summer. I lost 6 types of zoas (including some big colonies), 3 types of palys, an 11-head duncan, 4-head candycane, a bunch of superman and purple mushrooms, a 2-head frogspawn, etc etc.

My pico freshwater tank hit the same temperature and nothing died at all. Mostly, I'm looking forward to going back to plants that cost $5 instead of corals that cost $50. I spent way too much in my little foray in SW.

But ya, in addition to cpo's, I'm also looking to try hets... that tiny livebearer fish. 7th smallest fish in the world! Woooo! If you know anyone breeding them locally, let me know. The CPO's I'm going to have to mail order for.

john90009

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
what substrate did you use? thinking of buying this wicked aquarium/terarium tank and i never had succes with p[lants before. i think it went wrong with my old substate since it was like a pure iron or flourite substrate and the roots didnt do to well with it

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
i just uploaded an actual fts picture of the tank, thought I share:)

fts.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: